Poznań, Zielona Góra, Katowice (remote work possible) full-time
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer, who will be responsible for creating the backend of our product, Graphyne – Pay-TV management system and content aggregation platform that enables operators to provide the best TV entertainment package on various devices.
Do you want to do really big things and work with our Experts on a daily basis? Read below for more!
Job location: Zielona Gora, Poznan or Katowice offices (remotely up to 50%)
What will you do?
- Develop new features in the backend system in Java 8/11 (about 70% of your working time)
- Software integration and maintenance of existing features
- Take care of software performance and quality:
- writing and maintenance tests using Java and Python (unit, integration, performance, End2End),
- partake in code review (100% of new code passes it!)
- Preparing technical documentation and designs
- Participating in knowledge sharing in the area of your specialization
- Cooperate with other team members and work in Scrum
- Other additional things like minor DevOps tasks
What’s important for us?
- Knowledge and experience – we are a team of specialists, which bet on substantive approach and independence. Our expectations are:
- Senior working experience with Java 8+ and Spring/ SpringBoot, which allows you to be an independent specialist
- Experience in developing web services, working with REST, JSON, XML and WebSockets
- Knowledge of technologies we use, such as Maven (alternatively Gradle), Git/Gerrit, network protocols (HTTP, AMQP, MQTT, OpenID Connect, Kafka), application servers (Tomcat, Jetty, Wildfly)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL, JPA/Hibernate or Flyway
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and Jenkins
- Performance and quality orientation: beside tests and code review, we use other tools to support quality like static analysis of code (SonarQube), design patterns (incl. DRY, SOLID) and TDD
- Independent team player and go-getter approach – We want you to work like us – propose and implement your best ideas relying on your specialization. You have to be open-minded, listen to others but, at last, you decide, how to do your job best
- Self-development orientation – we want to help you grow by giving you support and the opportunity to find your way to success
- English skills- ADB is an international company and our language is English; the team communicates in Polish
Additional skills, which allow better find yourself at work:
- Knowledge of Ansible
- Experience in using frameworks like Pytest, Locust
- Experience with Docker (Docker Registry, Docker Swarm/ Openshift, Docker Compose)
- Understanding/ Experience in frontend development: TypeScript, React, Node.JS, Express
Why is it worth working with ADB Global?
- We do exceptional things -over 25 years on the market and created products for over 200 global and leading Pay-TV and broadband operators like: Telenor, Canal+, Foxtel, Polsat. It means we offer true challenges in your daily engineering work, utilizing and creating top-notch technology. Want proof? We’ve patented around 400 solutions and our products are used by nearly a million users
- Our team consists of extremely experienced, high-qualified subject-matter Experts: 90% of us have a university degree and some are Ph.D.!
- Improving skills is an important part of our lives -ADB employees spend 2 hours of work per week on self-development using:
- Udemy Courses
- English lessons
- internal and external training
- other tools agreed with a team leader
- We care about the health of our employees and their family. The company subsidizes:
- medical care (individual or family)
- group life insurance
- sport Card
- We work globally: ADB teams are based in Europe, US and Asia; our leading language is English
- We are open to various forms of cooperation, depending on your needs
APPLY NOW you will get reply in 48 hours