Wrocław (remote work possible) full-time
About your Team
You will join our Wroclaw offices and be working on one of our biggest products that support one of the hugest airline providers. The team is from different locations so your day will include a lot of remote collaboration. The product’s stack is comprised of Ruby on Rails and Sinatra services on the backend and Angular application on the frontend. Everything runs under Docker on the development environment - few commands and everything is set up.
In a nutshell, the team loves working closely together and believes in true teamwork, collaboration, meaning that they are not afraid to dig their hands into unknown “territories” where ownership is a must. Their everyday schedule is full of great staff and they have lots of serious technical challenges to crack from scratch.
About your Role
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for developing a multi-solution project which requires backend development skills. The project requires a full end-to-end feature development, testing (unit and integration), and maintenance. In this product, we are putting on notice a broad understanding of data flows and strong analytical skills.
In more details:
- Software development of the whole platform with an emphasis on integrations with existing backend systems and external providers.
- Ability to build simple but extensible modules which are easy to monitor and debug.
- Write tools that automate work.
- Help to identify, implement and improve system architecture with input into design and functionality.
- A flexible approach, passion for usability and performance with attention to detail.
- Collaborating heavily and remotely with other team members
What you need to have:
- 3+ years of professional Ruby/Ruby on Rails experience
- Working with multiple integrations (e.g. mobile clients, data aggregators, etc.) - both SOAP & REST
- Solid understanding of JSON and XML
- Experience with MongoDB
- Hands-on experience with git (we use GitLab)
- Design patterns knowledge - you should know when and how to use them but also when not to in order to achieve a simpler design
- Knowledge and willingness for source code refactoring and introducing improvements
- Ability to spot potential problems before code is deployed, with a focus on long-living applications that are constantly under heavy load
- Ambitious, hardworking, and enthusiastic attitude
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Be fluent in English (spoken and written)
What is nice to have:
- Knowledge of Sinatra/Padrino would be an asset
- Experience in processing a large amount of data
- Knowledge with Docker (e.g. dockerizing the application)
- Knowledge about microservices
What to expect from us?
We'll believe and trust in you and your abilities and teamwork is an unbreakable value for us.
You will have the opportunity to work with unique people and create solutions together.
We also offer:
- Salary adjusted to your experience and performance results
- Remote work possibility
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10 am - 2 pm)
- Private healthcare, life insurance, and Multisport card
- A wide spectrum of tech tools fitted to needs
- Knowledge sharing activities
- Team building events
- Well communicated modern office
- Copyrights program (prawa autorskie)- depending on the contract
We kindly inform you that we will contact only with chosen candidates within 2 weeks from applying date.
Please, apply with your CV only in English
P.S.: Wondering what kind of data we store and what we do with them when you're applying to our job openings?
By submitting your application, you consent to the below statement.
“I hereby consent to my personal data included in this CV being processed for recruitment purposes by ANIXE Polska sp. z o.o. having its registered seat in Wrocław, at ul. Grabiszyńska 251A, 53-234 Wrocław (Poland) and ANIXE Technology HELLAS Single Member PC, 115 Kifisias Avenue, Athens, 115 24 (Greece).”
APPLY NOW you will get reply in 48 hours